FROM today (Wednesday 18th August 2021), lateral flow device (LFD) self-test kits will be available for collection from community pharmacies only and not from the COVID-19 testing units sited in Aberystwyth, Llanelli, Haverfordwest and Carmarthen.
LFD test kits continue to also be available to order for delivery to your home via the NHS Website.
The Covid-19 testing sites are based at:
- Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth
- Dafen Yard, Llanelli
- Pembrokeshire Archives, Haverfordwest
- Carmarthen Showground
Hywel Dda UHB advises people get your test within five days if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
To help identify hidden COVID-19 cases in our communities as new variants of the virus emerge, the health board is also encouraging people to have a test if they have any of the following symptoms, which are new, persistent and/or unusual for you:
- Mild summer cold symptoms, including sore throat, runny nose, headache
- Flu-like symptoms, including myalgia (muscle ache or pain); excessive tiredness; persistent headache; runny nose or blocked nose; persistent sneezing; sore throat and/or hoarseness, shortness of breath or wheezing; nausea; vomiting; or diarrhoea
- Generally feeling unwell and a history of being in contact with a known COVID-19 case
- Any new or change in symptoms following a previous negative test
You must self-isolate immediately for 10 days if you have any of the above symptoms and book a PCR test.